7. 5*
8. 5**
9. See result
打印

[Eng] 2016 DSE Eng Writing Part A 求狠批+ predict level

2016 DSE Eng Writing Part A 求狠批+ predict level

2016 DSE English Paper 2 Part A
希望大家幫手評論下呢篇文,同大約有咩level? Thank you!!

Question: You are the President of the Student Union at your school. You are preparing a speech to welcome new students on the first day of school. In order to help students achieve success and have an enjoyable school life, you want to talk about the following in your speech:

-importance of following school rules and
-importance of interpersonal relationships.

Answer (The part with brackets was originally on the question-answer book)
(Good morning Principal, teachers and fellow students,

On behalf of the Students' Union, I'd like to welcome all of you to our school, I'm sure we all want to achieve success and have an enjoyable school life, so this morning I'd like to give you some advice.)

To commence with, there are two crucial things which have significant importance for secondary school students. Especially for new students, following school rules and having good interpersonal relationships can help you to study happily.

School rules listed out what you should and should not do at school, be disciplined, wear appropriate school uniform, not to bully your schoolmates and so on. Following what your student handbook says could have several benefits. First of all, you could leave better first impression to your teachers and classmates. Deplorable relationship with them could easily make you depressed. Classmates can be your good friends if you are disciplined and follow every single school rule. You could have an enjoyable school life if you do so. Secondly, you could learn how to communicate with others. Through following rules, you could be more polite and understand how important it is not to hurt others. School is like a smaller-scale society. Following school rules is just as important as following laws. In the future, you can easily achieve success.

For interpersonal relationships, there are also numerous advantages. Friends are extremely important during your secondary school journey. If you have great relations with them, they could help you when you feel down and provide you with some advice. Additionally, having great connections with others could also make your school life delightful. You could play sports with them at school, participate in activities together such as Swimming Gala and Singing contest or even ask them for movies during holidays or weekends. I am sure that your school life would not be tedious if you make a lot of friends. Also, you can learn to be friendlier and how to get along with others. Higher popularity in society could help you to weather different obstacles you faced. Imagine you need some financial support unfortunately, friend could help you if you are friendly to them normally. It also could lead you to success through others' help.

Hope my advice could assist you to achieve success and have a great school life at school, as long as in society. Feel free to find me at everytime if you face any difficulties.

[ 本帖最後由 GrimotLai 於 2020-3-31 01:55 PM 編輯 ]

[隱藏]

回覆 1# GrimotLai 的帖子

anyone please?

To commence with, there are two crucial things which have significant importance for secondary school students. (avoid sentence like ‘there are’) Especially for new students, following school rules and having good interpersonal relationships can help you to study happily.

School rules listed out what you should and should not do at school, be disciplined, wear appropriate school uniform, not to bully your schoolmates and so on. Following what your student handbook says could have several benefits. (new paragraph) First of all, you could leave better first impression to your teachers and classmates. Deplorable relationship with them could easily make you depressed. Classmates can be your good friends if you are disciplined and follow every single school rule. You could have an enjoyable school life if you do so. (new paragraph) Secondly, you could learn how to communicate with others. Through following rules, you could be more polite and understand how important it is not to hurt others. School is like a smaller-scale society. Following school rules is just as important as following laws. In the future, you can easily achieve success.
(Should insert a bridging paragraph.)

For interpersonal relationships, there are also numerous advantages. Friends are extremely important during your secondary school journey. If you have great relations with them, they could help you when you feel down and provide you with some advice. (new paragraph) Additionally, having great connections with others could also make your school life delightful. You could play sports with them at school, participate in activities together such as Swimming Gala and Singing contest or even ask them for movies during holidays or weekends. I am sure that your school life would not be tedious if you make a lot of friends. (new paragraph) Also, you can learn to be friendlier and how to get along with others. Higher popularity in society could help you to weather different obstacles you faced (encounter). Imagine you need some financial support unfortunately, friend(s) could help you if you are friendly to them normally. It also could (could also) lead you to success through others' help.

Hope my advice could assist you to achieve success and have a great school life at school, as long as in society. Feel free to find me at everytime (anytime) if you face any difficulties. (Conclusion can be longer.)
Comments:

Content: Fair account on the importance of school rules and interpersonal relationships. Can include your own personal experiences in the speech. (4/7)

Language: Should have a more wide variety of vocabulary. Try to use synonyms of interpersonal relationships like bonding, affiliation, communication, companionship, etc. You should also use a wide variety of sentence patterns like passive voice, repetition, inversion, conditional sentences, participle phrases, etc. (4/7)

Organization: You should have a stronger of audience awareness. Use a more friendly tone and include more words like 'students' and 'you'. You should also ask rhetorical questions to engage the audience. Paragraphing can be also improved. Should also insert a bridging paragraph. (3/7)

Note: I was a 2016 DSE candidate and got 5** in English writing.

Comments

To commence with, there are two crucial things which have significant importance for secondary school students. (avoid sentence like ‘there are’) Especially for new students, following school rules and having good interpersonal relationships can help you to study happily.

School rules listed out what you should and should not do at school, be disciplined, wear appropriate school uniform, not to bully your schoolmates and so on. Following what your student handbook says could have several benefits. (new paragraph) First of all, you could leave better first impression to your teachers and classmates. Deplorable relationship with them could easily make you depressed. Classmates can be your good friends if you are disciplined and follow every single school rule. You could have an enjoyable school life if you do so. (new paragraph) Secondly, you could learn how to communicate with others. Through following rules, you could be more polite and understand how important it is not to hurt others. School is like a smaller-scale society. Following school rules is just as important as following laws. In the future, you can easily achieve success.

For interpersonal relationships, there are also numerous advantages. Friends are extremely important during your secondary school journey. If you have great relations with them, they could help you when you feel down and provide you with some advice. (new paragraph) Additionally, having great connections with others could also make your school life delightful. You could play sports with them at school, participate in activities together such as Swimming Gala and Singing contest or even ask them for movies during holidays or weekends. I am sure that your school life would not be tedious if you make a lot of friends. (new paragraph) Also, you can learn to be friendlier and how to get along with others. Higher popularity in society could help you to weather different obstacles you faced (encounter). Imagine you need some financial support unfortunately, friend(s) could help you if you are friendly to them normally. It also could (could also) lead you to success through others' help.

Hope my advice could assist you to achieve success and have a great school life at school, as long as in society. Feel free to find me at everytime (anytime) if you face any difficulties. (Conclusion can be longer.)
Comments:

Content: Fair account on the importance of school rules and interpersonal relationships. Can include your own personal experiences in the speech. (4/7)

Language: Should have a more wide variety of vocabulary. Try to use synonyms of interpersonal relationships like bonding, affiliation, communication, companionship, etc. You should also use a wide variety of sentence patterns like passive voice, repetition, inversion, conditional sentences, participle phrases, etc. (4/7)

Organization: You should have a stronger of audience awareness. Use a more friendly tone and include more words like 'students' and 'you'. You should also ask rhetorical questions to engage the audience. Paragraphing can be also improved. Should also insert a bridging paragraph. (3/7)

Comments

Comments:

Comments:

Comments:

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。