1. lv 1-2
2. lv 3
3. lv 4
4. lv 5
5. lv 5* or above
打印

[Eng] 第3彈 英文作文求改(social issue)(請多加批評,謝)

第3彈 英文作文求改(social issue)(請多加批評,謝)

請多加批評, 小弟唔擅長做informal文, 今次唯有作篇formal d既, 希望pass the exam with flying colours, 你地既評語將會係我改善既動力! 謝!

Learning English through social issues
You have just visited a recently redeveloped historical building. However, some people criticized it, saying the building has merely turned into a tourist attraction for business opportunities. You disagree with them.
Write an article for the school newspaper describing your visit and expressing your views on why Hong Kong needs to redevelop historical buildings in such a way. Sign your name ‘Chris Wong’.

High time for redevelopment

Heritage preservation has become the buzzword of our time, sparking off much public concern around the society. Some people contend that redeveloping historical building’s ultimate aim is to boost the business development while some assert that this act can not only benefit our economy but also raise people’s awareness towards heritage conservation and thus should be encouraged. Then, is it a bane or a boom? To me, I do subscribe to the latter view being aroused.
Recently, I have visited a redeveloped historical building, the Blue House in Wan Chai and this rewarding experience successfully forged my pursuit for redevelopment of the monuments. By a stroke of luck, I stumbled across an advertisement on a youth group website promoting a heritage tour to the Blue House in Wan Chai and therefore I decided to join it out of my curiosity. Surprisingly, apart from me who often pay heed to the development of cultural heritage in Hong Kong, there was also a myriad of people from all walks of life such as the teenagers, the elderly and even the housewives showing their grave concern over the heritage preservation and participated in this tour. During the visit, we were told by the tour guide that as the Blue House has been constructed for more than a century, its internal structure has been destructed greatly and if it had not been rebuilt, it would surely have posed a menace to the pedestrians walking past it. Furthermore, as the Blue House has been redeveloped, it now plays a more vital role in raising people’s awareness of heritage preservation through being designed as the destination of some heritage tours. Therefore, through this meaningful experience could I realize that redevelopment is worthy of our support and appreciation.
Many people are under an illusion that redevelopment of historical sites simply symbolizes a business opportunity. Instead, it brings forth a great deal of other advantages and it is also undoubtedly obvious that there is a crying need for redevelopment in such a way.
The first justification of my point of view is that it effectively enhances our awareness of cultural preservation. As mentioned before, through redevelopment of historical buildings can people be conscious of the existence of these sites as they can appeal to the youngsters as well as the public after being polished and given a new, attractive appearance. In addition, the tourist tours stemming from the redevelopment can enrich tourists’ knowledge about the heritage and thus whenever they gain a better understanding about the long-lasting and diversified culture in Hong Kong, they can learn to appreciate and respect our unique culture and consequently the general awareness of cultural preservation in the society can be aroused.
Over and above that, the redevelopment of heritage meets the sustainable development which is a mainstream concept being advocated by the academics. The pre-requisite for sustainable development is to strike a balance between the environment, the economy and the society. In other words, if we had not redeveloped those buildings in such a way so as to attract more tourists, we would not have had adequate money to spend on the maintenance and further preservation of the heritage as it is tremendously uneconomical to do this. Indisputably, giving economic aims a top priority may not be the best way but it is the lesser of two evils. At the expense of losing the original appearance of the heritage, the redevelopment to a certain extent accomplishes the purpose of preserving the heritage and most importantly, the collective memory bought by the heritage to us will never fade away though the historical buildings are reconstructed.
As Hong Kong has long been a cosmopolitan and glamorous city, it is inevitable for us to redevelop the monuments in order to keep pace with the rapid development of Hong Kong. This somehow is conducive to our society as a whole and therefore I suppose the redevelopment of historical buildings should be encouraged and supported so as to make our society a better place.

[隱藏]
Learning English through social issues
You have just visited a recently redeveloped historical building. However, some people criticized it, saying the building has merely turned into a tourist attraction for business opportunities. You disagree with them.
Write an article for the school newspaper describing your visit and expressing your views on why Hong Kong needs to redevelop historical buildings in such a way. Sign your name ‘Chris Wong’.

High time for redevelopment
          Heritage preservation has become the buzzword of our time, sparking off much public concern around the society. Some people contend that redeveloping historical building’s ultimate aim is to boost the business development while some assert that this act can not only benefit our economy but also raise people’s awareness towards heritage conservation and thus should be encouraged. Then, is it a bane or a boom? To me, I do subscribe to the latter view being aroused.
          Recently, I have visited a redeveloped historical building, the Blue House in Wan Chai and this rewarding experience successfully forged my pursuit for redevelopment of the monuments. By a stroke of luck, I stumbled across an advertisement on a youth group website promoting a heritage tour to the Blue House in Wan Chai and therefore I decided to join it out of my curiosity. Surprisingly, apart from me who often pay heed to the development of cultural heritage in Hong Kong, there was also a myriad of people from all walks of life such as the teenagers, the elderly and even the housewives showing their grave concern over the heritage preservation and participated in this tour. During the visit, we were told by the tour guide that as the Blue House has been constructed for more than a century, its internal structure has been destructed greatly and if it had not been rebuilt, it would surely have posed a menace to the pedestrians walking past it. Furthermore, as the Blue House has been redeveloped, it now plays a more vital role in raising people’s awareness of heritage preservation through being designed as the destination of some heritage tours. Therefore, through this meaningful experience could I realize that redevelopment is worthy of our support and appreciation.
          Many people are under an illusion that redevelopment of historical sites simply symbolizes a business opportunity. Instead, it brings forth a great deal of other advantages and it is also undoubtedly obvious that there is a crying need for redevelopment in such a way.
          The first justification of my point of view is that it effectively enhances our awareness of cultural preservation. As mentioned before, through redevelopment of historical buildings can people be conscious of the existence of these sites as they can appeal to the youngsters as well as the public after being polished and given a new, attractive appearance. In addition, the tourist tours stemming from the redevelopment can enrich tourists’ knowledge about the heritage and thus whenever they gain a better understanding about the long-lasting and diversified culture in Hong Kong, they can learn to appreciate and respect our unique culture and consequently the general awareness of cultural preservation in the society can be aroused.
          Over and above that, the redevelopment of heritage meets the sustainable development which is a mainstream concept being advocated by the academics. The pre-requisite for sustainable development is to strike a balance between the environment, the economy and the society. In other words, if we had not redeveloped those buildings in such a way so as to attract more tourists, we would not have had adequate money to spend on the maintenance and further preservation of the heritage as it is tremendously uneconomical to do this. Indisputably, giving economic aims a top priority may not be the best way but it is the lesser of two evils. At the expense of losing the original appearance of the heritage, the redevelopment to a certain extent accomplishes the purpose of preserving the heritage and most importantly, the collective memory bought by the heritage to us will never fade away though the historical buildings are reconstructed.
          As Hong Kong has long been a cosmopolitan and glamorous city, it is inevitable for us to redevelop the monuments in order to keep pace with the rapid development of Hong Kong. This somehow is conducive to our society as a whole and therefore I suppose the redevelopment of historical buildings should be encouraged and supported so as to make our society a better place.

推一推 請大家多多評語,我要改善,不斷加油呀!!!!!

略評一下:
1.Heritage preservation 改為 Heritage reservation會唔會好d?
2.sparking off 改為 raise?
3.is to [help] boost?BOOST多數用系經濟方面。
4.people’s awareness towards[of] heritage
5.their grave concern[s]

ok thz 仲有冇俾多d comment...我想聽多d意見 thz!

一推再推 請多加評語啦  我需要你們的幫助!

留位睇comments

Therefore, through this meaningful experience could I realize that redevelopment is worthy of our support and appreciation.
-> I could ?

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。